Yellow Flag Press publishes trade paperback books as well as handmade chapbooks and broadsides in limited edition printings.
Our free Open Reading period is in April, but we accept submissions year-round with the purchase of a Yellow Flag Press title at a discounted price.
Submissions for the Cypress & Pine Fiction Series are open from June 1-August 1 each year. We seek collections of short fiction, with selections published in spring of the following year.
Submissions for the Louisiana Series of Cajun and Creole Poetry / La Série de Louisiane de Poésie des Acadiens et Créoles are always open and free. We seek chapbook length works by exceptional poets of Franco-American descent. Yellow Flag Press is proud to publish new work by poets of Cajun, Creole, or French heritage, writing in French, Cajun-French, English, or works in translation.
We will read poetry submissions up to 20 pages in length.
We will read poetry submissions 40-80 pages in length.
We seek chapbook length works of 20-25 pages. We read for this series year-round, and hope to publish one exceptional book in this series per year.
Please include a bio which speaks to your background/experience as a Franco-American poet.
Collections of original stories by both established and emerging authors writing in English will be considered.
* Collections should be comprised of original stories and/or novellas that have not been published as a complete collection (stories published individually in journals or chapbook are fine). No novels at this time.
* Manuscripts should be between 100 and 200 pages.
* Number each page of the manuscript. Author’s last name and the collection title should appear at the top of each page.
* Include a table of contents and a page of acknowledgements if any of the stories have been previously published.
* All submissions must be through Submittable. We do not accept hard copies.
* Include a short biographical statement in the cover letter field in Submittable. We do not need a synopsis of the collection.
* Simultaneous submissions are accepted and encouraged. Please notify us immediately if your manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere or if you wish to withdraw it for any reason.
* Please send only one manuscript a year.
The submission fee is $10. Each submission will receive a copy of the collection selected for The Cypress & Pine Fiction Series. Copies will be mailed when the book is published in the spring of 2019. For this reason be sure that your mailing address is up to date with Submittable, and please notify us if you move before books are mailed.